The Role: Digital Business & Marketing Assistant
Location: Remote, Work from home
Job Type: Part time Independent Contractor
The Digital Business & Marketing Assistant reports directly to Steve Thorne and is responsible for executing the key tasks that support our business, and keep it visible and on-brand in the digital space. This includes, but is not limited to: running our large WordPress website, handling our mailings (Mailchimp), creating graphics, social media management, overseeing our giveaways and other community give-backs. It also includes handling incoming email from the viewership, and other admin tasks.
This role is remote and we prefer North American time zones. We operate by normal business hours, but this position is flexible and you’ll have some freedom in when and where you’ll work. It’s more important to us that you accomplish certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than needing to constantly clock in/clock out (lame).
We won’t micromanage you. Rather, we’re looking for someone who is their own leader.
Knowledge of the world of aviation is an asset, but not required.
Are you the right fit for this?
- You have a figure-it-out attitude. Even if you’ve never used a specific tool before, you know how to use google, teach yourself, and figure it out. This is the single most important skill for this role.
- You’re a strong communicator who’s skilled at copywriting and you love optimizing a marketing a message until it hits just right.
- You have experience working with digital marketing tools and are familiar with the online influencer industry and business model.
- You are incredibly organized and detail-oriented. You’re flexible and roll with plans and initiatives that shift.
- You’re a numbers person and love digging into the weeds to look for patterns, issues, and improvements.
- You’re an upbeat and positive person and run to challenging tasks instead of away from them.
- You find joy getting into the details to find problems and coming up with solutions.
- You are systems-driven, good at problem-solving, and figuring things out on your own with minimal direction.
- You are currently available to begin working as an Independent Contractor for Flight Chops for about 10-15 hours/week (with potential/availability to increase hours).
This isn’t the right match if:
- You don’t know anything about what we’ve talked about so far but think it would be super fun to work with a Youtuber (it’s really not at all glamorous – this is the hard “behind the scenes part”)
- You do not like to be creatively challenged
- You have issues with weird moustaches
How To Apply…
To apply, fill in the form below ASAP. We look forward to hearing from you!
While we would love to be able to reply to all applicants, you will only hear from us if selected to move to the next step. Thanks for understanding!
P.S. If you’re not interested or available for this position, but know someone who is, we would really appreciate it if you passed this along!