The project is nearing completion!
In this “Airplane Build Vlog” episode of Flight Chops, we meet with the team to review our costs to date, and plan the final stages of the project!
Premiere at 8:30pm Central on Dec 2, 2020
Host/Moderator: Ryan – SuperAero
Other Builder’s Social Media Links:
Build Fly Go
The builders featured in this one:
Jon built an RV-8 in his basement – and had to remove a wall to get it out 🙂
And also flies a Meridian and makes videos about both!
Martin Filiatrault: https://youtu.be/Mtj79ulEdEY
- Pilot since 1981; EAA lifetime member since 1995; member of EAA Chapters 113 and 194
- Inception of RV-8 build/ pre-plans purchased in 2002
- Empennage work begun in May 2015
- Quickbuild kits arrived in February 2017
- Fully complete empennage to hangar October 2019
- Currently working on completing canopy/windscreen and wingtips
- Painting to be completed spring 2021
- Expected completion and first flight summer 2021
Here are the links to some of the major component partners we are proud to be working with on the RV-14:
Huge thanks to all the Supporters on Patreon!
Check our Patreon page to find out how to be part of the Flight Chops Community.
Productions like this wouldn’t be possible without your help!
Flight Chops is Proudly Supported by:
I am a “weekend warrior” private pilot, I fly for fun with no intentions of going commercial. I have had my PPL for over 15 years, but still consider each flight a learning experience – I generally take detailed notes after each flight to remind myself what went well or what I could do to improve…. Having the GoPro cameras to record flights like this is invaluable. I find these self analysis videos very helpful in my constant quest to improve, and am happy to share.
Feedback is invited; however, please keep it positive.